Why Harry Corry? As a family run business, we believe that our colleagues are our most valuable asset and we are committed to attracting and retaining the very best people available. Harry Corry Ltd is a family run company which was established by Harry Corry in 1968. We are proud to have established ourselves as a leading retailer of home furnishings over the last 54 years. We continue to grow and we now have 54 stores across Northern Ireland, Southern Ireland and Scotland and employee 700 staff.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our HR department. Our Clerical Officers provide administrative support in all areas of HR to assist in the smooth running of the department and to ensure that our team deliver a first-class HR Service on a daily basis. No two days are the same and you will be involved in a range of administrative duties and are involved in the full life cycle of an employee from assisting in the recruitment and selection of staff, to the appointment of staff and any ongoing employment related matters throughout the journey of an employee.
Previous experience in HR is not essential as we will provide full training to welcome you to the company and throughout your time with the company to set you up for a successful career at Harry Corry. You will be given the opportunity to attend regular training and seminars with registered bodies such as The Labour Relations Agency, legal Island and The Equality Commission to develop your understanding and knowledge of employment law in Northern Ireland, Southern Ireland and Scotland. Internal progression is encouraged and it’s how many of our HR Assistants, HR Administrators and other members of our HR team started off.
A career at Harry Corry comes with a package of generous financial rewards and Health & Wellbeing benefits as well as continuous personal and professional development opportunities.
At Harry Corry we understand the importance of family and we want to help you achieve your perfect work life balance. Read on to find out more.
What will you be doing?
· Be responsible for maintaining and updating all personnel records and update information and other records as necessary on various computer systems.
· Comply and promote good working practices that met the requirements of GDPR legislation at all times.
· Provide support on all areas of recruitment
· Be responsible for the administrative lifecycle of an employee from scheduling first day arrangements and training with Managers, sending all new starter packs and relevant information and continued support with any relevant contract updates and changes.
· Produce and analysis daily, weekly and monthly reports
· Provide administrative support to Head Office Departments and company directors
· Provide clerical support in various meetings
· Handle inquiries via telephone and email from our stores and customers quickly and efficiently while maintaining a courteous and pleasant manner at all times.
· Embrace the Company’s You Are The Difference culture.
· Deal with routine correspondence and queries in an appropriate manner.
· Travel to stores, when required for training, meetings or to provide other HR support
· General office duties including filing, message taking, dealing with correspondence and queries and maintaining a clean and tidy office space.
· Any other tasks that may be assigned.
Please take a moment before completing your application form to read this section of the Job Description to ensure that you will be able to demonstrate that you have met the criteria throughout your application.
· Passionate about working with people and helping others
· The ability to recognise the importance of confidentiality
· The ability to work with Microsoft word, excel and email
· Flexibility in working hours as advertised.
· Previous experience in an HR Role
High performers at Harry Corry are;
Caring and pleasant and willing to go the extra mile for our customers. They are empathetic towards their colleagues, customers and the people around them. They are also committed and display an energetic, proactive and flexible approach to the work that they do each day.