Job Title: HGV Driver Class 1
Reporting to: Fleet Supervisor
Location: Belfast / Greater Belfast
Main duties: Multi-drop deliveries throughout Northern Ireland, Southern Ireland and occasionally Scotland. Usually Monday to Friday with 1-2 overnights as required.
Hours: 40 hours per week
About the Role:
Harry Corry Ltd are looking for a Class 1 HGV Driver in the Belfast / Greater Belfast area. This role is worked each week from Monday – Friday and usually requires one overnight per week. Occasional weekend work may be required to facilitate peak trading periods and busier times. Each week you will make pickups from our Head Office and Belfast Docks and make deliveries to our 18 shops throughout Northern Ireland, 26 shops throughout Southern Ireland and occasionally our 10 stores across Scotland following a regular route with relaxed timings. You will be met at each store with friendly and welcoming staff. Deliveries entail handling soft furnishings with cages and tail lift.
Key tasks and duties;
· Load and unload lorries.
· Deliver goods to shops primarily Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland. Some overnight stays are necessary.
· Ensure that vehicle is roadworthy and checked for safety, oil, water etc. daily
· Return empty delivery cages.
· Any other tasks as may be assigned.
· Class 1 licence
· Careful and conscientious driver who is willing to go the extra mile on and off the road.
· Physically fit with the ability to handle heavy loads
· Ability to pay close attention to detail
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to function both supervised and unsupervised
· Multi-drop delivery experience using Class I vehicles.
· Family friendly working (Primarily Monday – Friday)
· Warm and welcoming canteen facilities available in stores
· Six-Monthly health and Safety bonus
· Discretionary annual bonus paid before Christmas
· An overnight allowance where applicable
· Extra hours available for those looking for that extra earning potential
· Full training provided
· Drivers CPC training paid by the Company
· Drivers’ medicals paid by the Company
· Renewal of driver cards paid by the Company
· Eye testing paid by company
· Staff discount in our stores
· Company mobile phone
· Full company uniform and PPE provided by company.
· 28 days paid holidays per year
· Workplace pension scheme