Contract from 24-hours available.
Flexibility: Morning, Afternoon and evening shifts available from Sunday to Saturday inclusive. This position requires successful candidates to be available for various shifts during the opening hours of the store.
To ensure that all operations within the branch are running smoothly and efficiently. To ensure that all staff provide a high level of customer service thus maximising profitability within the branch. To develop all staff to meet the needs and objectives of the business.
Key Tasks and Duties
1. To maximise the sales potential of the shop.
2. To assume full managerial responsibilities and duties in absence of the Manager.
3. To ensure that all administration is to the required standard with any errors or discrepancies being brought to the attention of the Manager immediately.
4. To ensure the security of all money, merchandise and premises at all times.
5. EPOS system - To ensure that all 'start of day' and 'end of day' procedures are carried out in accordance with detailed operating instructions. To respond promptly to all communication errors or problems.
6. To assist the Manager in ensuring that all stock issues are dealt with and communicated in the appropriate manner.
7. In conjunction with the Human Resources Department, assist the Manager to implement and maintain standards of recruitment, discipline, training and employee relations within your branch, whilst adhering to procedures set out in the employment legislation.
8. To promote the equal opportunity policies within the company, consulting with the Manager and Human Resources regarding any disciplinary or grievance matters that may arise.
9. To ensure that all employees and customers are working in a hazard free environment with all hazards or risks being reported to the Manager or in more serious cases the Human Resources department.
10. To ensure that the presentation of the branch staff and premises are of the highest quality. Any defects to property or equipment to be reported to the Manager or the relevant department at Head Office.
11. To assist the Manager in ensuring each new members of staff are effectively inducted into the company.
12. To provide managerial support to other branches within the company where required.
13. Any other duty requested by management.
Measures of Performance
1. Branch sales figures and profitability against agreed targets.
2. Annual appraisal against set goals and objectives.
3. The effectiveness of administration, stock and security procedures within the branch.
Flexibility - as advertised, all applicants must be available to work a Saturday.
A passion for home interiors.
Leader/Coach of a club or society
Actively involved in local community
A clear employment record
Experience related to the role
What you will get;
· An enjoyable & supportive working environment
· A competitive salary
· Potential to earn an annual bonus paid before Christmas.
· Additional hours are paid at your hourly rate of pay.
· 28 days paid holidays per year with an additional 1 days paid leave to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership.
· Staff discount to treat yourself and your home
· Family friendly working, flexible working practices are encouraged whenever possible.
· Full training to welcome you to the Company and training and coaching opportunities are available during your time with the company.
· A confidential Employee Assistance Programme with access to counselling and other professional services.
· Support with approved medical services.
· Support in times of bereavement.
· Workplace pension scheme
· Plus many more…