POSITION: Trainee Accountant
LOCATION: Head Office - Dunmurry
REPORTING TO: Finance Manager & Assistant Finance Manager
MAIN DUTIES: Provide financial support to Management.
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
SALARY: Depends on qualifications and experience and study requirements
KEY TASKS AND DUTIES
· Working with sales ledger, purchase ledger, cash book and nominal
· Actively involved with four weekly payroll for 700 people for the UK & ROI
· Preparation of cash flows.
· Analysing figures for decision making
· Preparation of VAT returns, PAYE returns, intrastat and other Government Returns
· Preparation of Statutory Accounts and Corporate Tax Returns
· Day to day running of accounts Department.
· Liaising with Stock Department and HR Department
· Report to Assistant Finance Manager and Finance Manager
· To ensure effective communication systems operate within the company.
· To ensure office telephones are covered at all times.
· Any other reasonable duty requested by management.
MEASURE OF PERFORMANCE
· The production of accurately and timely information.
· The effectiveness of communication within the department.
· The effectiveness of administration procedures in all financial matters.
· The ability to progress and manage more complexed duties and responsibilities.
· The results achieved in accountancy exams
· Meet all specified deadlines
· Maths and English GCSE (A or B). 104 UCAS Tariff points, including a minimum of two A-Levels, excluding General Studies
· Strong numerate, written and communication skills
· High levels of commitment, enthusiasm and initiative
· Can work additional hours when necessary
· Ability to communicate well at all levels
· Must be competent with Excel and Word
· Third level education or working towards ATI/IATI/ACCA/CIMA qualification
· Experience of doing VAT returns, PAYE returns and Intrastat
· Knowledge of purchase ledger, payroll, cashbook and sales ledger.
· Knowledge of computerised accounts.