Job Title: Supervisor
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours Available: Part-time contracts are available.
Working Pattern: Shifts are varied and allocated in rotation with your colleagues to ensure the right work life balance is achieved. You will usually have your rota 4 weeks in advance.
Flexibility: Morning, Afternoon and evening shifts available from Sunday to Saturday inclusive. This position requires successful candidates to be available for various shifts during the opening hours of the store.
Are you passionate about home interiors?
Are you the person your friends and family ask for advice when decorating their home?
And would you enjoy leading and coaching a group of likeminded individuals?
If the answer is ‘Yes’ then you will love working with us here, at Harry Corry Interiors.
Read on and don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Why Harry Corry? As a family run business, we believe that our colleagues are our most valuable asset and we are committed to attracting and retaining the very best people available. Harry Corry Ltd is a family run company which was established by Harry Corry in 1968. We are proud to have established ourselves as a leading retailer of home furnishings over the last 54 years. We continue to grow and we now have 54 stores across Northern Ireland, Southern Ireland and Scotland and employee 700 staff.
We are specialists in home furnishings and our goal is to offer everything our customers need to make their house a home and add a touch of luxury to their interiors. Our customers are at the very heart of everything we do, we are passionate about the help and advice that we give and we pride ourselves in being the difference.
A career at Harry Corry comes with a package of generous financial rewards and Health & Wellbeing benefits as well as continuous personal and professional development opportunities.
At Harry Corry we understand the importance of family and we want to help you achieve your perfect work life balance. Read on to find out more.
What will you be doing?
- Champion and maintain the Company’s You Are The Difference Customer Service experience and culture.
- Be willing to go the extra mile for our customers and your colleagues.
- Be passionate about home interiors and advise and inspire our customers in the designing and furnishing of their homes.
- Deal with customer feedback with a solution focused approach providing the best possible outcome.
- Carry out daily coaching with your colleagues.
- Observe staff performance, discussing any areas of improvement or development with your Manager.
- Develop an understanding for your stores overall sales targets and play your part to ensure they are achieved.
- Ensure that all administration is to the required standard and that all ‘start of day’ and ‘end of day’ procedures are carried out in accordance with company guidelines.
- Be responsible and comply with all relevant company policies and procedures in relation to health and safety and the relevant areas of retail risk.
- Provide managerial support to other Stores within the company where required.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned.
Please take a moment before completing your application form to read this section of the Job Description to ensure that you will be able to demonstrate that you have met the criteria throughout your application.
- A passion for home interiors
- Flexibility in working hours as advertised.
- Experience related to the role.
- A Leader/Coach of a club or society
- Actively involved in local community
- A clear employment record
High performers at Harry Corry are;
Caring and pleasant and willing to go the extra mile for our customers. They are empathetic towards their colleagues, customers and the people around them. They are also committed and display an energetic, proactive and flexible approach to the work that they do each day.
High performing Supervisors lead by example delivering excellent customer service and achieve and exceed company standards and targets in relation to sales, average basket and footfall conversion rates.
What you will get;
· An enjoyable & supportive working environment
· A competitive salary
· Potential to earn an annual bonus paid before Christmas.
· Additional hours are paid at your hourly rate of pay.
· 29 days paid holidays per year with an additional 1 days paid leave to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership.
· Staff discount to treat yourself and your home
· Family friendly working, flexible working practices are encouraged whenever possible.
· Full training to welcome you to the Company and training and coaching opportunities are available during your time with the company.
· Internal progression opportunities.
· A confidential Employee Assistance Programme with access to counselling and other professional services.
· Support with approved medical services.
· Support in times of bereavement.
· Workplace pension scheme
· Plus many more…
Please note; Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to personally respond to unsuccessful applicants at this stage. Successful applicants will be contacted via telephone or email generally within two weeks of the vacancy closing date. If you are not contacted your application has not been successful on this occasion. Please sign up for our job alerts to keep up to date on all of our new vacancies.